Heart and Stroke BLS Provider (C) Re-certification
October 20 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm$75.
Full Course: 4 hours
Re-certification: 2.5 hours *Must have current certification as required by legislation to qualify for a recertification course*
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2020 Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- Chain of Survival
- 1-rescuer / 2-rescuer CPR
- High-quality chest compressions with a feedback device
- Multi-rescuer team CPR
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR and relief of choking
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device and bag-mask device
- Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
- NEW: Role of the CPR coach; Maternal cardiac arrest; Anaphylaxis; Drowning; Heart attack and stroke; and, Other life-threatening emergencies
Students must pass a written exam and skills test in order to qualify for a BLS Provider course completion card.